There are many ways of getting Mojang’s games and services and if you get them in the form of a prepaid card or a gift code, you will need to redeem them through our account site.
Minecraft prepaid cards can be used on a new or existing Mojang account and will entitle the cardholder to one Minecraft license (a.k.a. one copy of Minecraft).
If you have purchased a Minecraft prepaid card at a retail store, or have received a Minecraft gift code, you can follow these easy steps to redeem it:
– Create an account at account.mojang.com/register
– After you have registered a Mojang account, you can redeem your prepaid card or gift code at https://minecraft.net/redeem/#redeem
– If you have a gift code, enter your 12-character/25-character code in the “Code” field.
– Choose your Minecraft username. If the username is available, click “Redeem”.
– To download the game, click the Windows, Mac or Linux icon on your account page at account.mojang.com/me. On a Windows PC, download the launcher, place it anywhere you’d like, then run the program. On a Mac, download the file, unpack it, then place Minecraft in your /Applications folder. You can download the game on as many computers as you’d like, as many times as you’d like.
– Run Minecraft: Java Edition, then log into the game with your registered email address and Mojang account password. If you need technical help (English only), visit https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034736172-Minecraft-Java-Edition-Support-Resources.