- Online activation
- Does not bind to your Microsoft account
- Can not be reactivated / transferred to another computer
- Instant delivery – 2 minutes
- Activation instructions provided in the email with the key
- Permanent activation
- Region: Global
- Updates possible
- Invoice will automatically generate upon placing an order.
- Live chat or email support
- Disaster Recovery – Automatic secure offsite data backup
- Increased application uptime through multi-site failover clustering
- Flexible and cost-effective data storage
- Combine on-premises servers with cloud on your terms
- Virtualize your applications to decrease costs and increase flexibility
This product is an online digital code. It will be delivered to your registered e-mail adress within a couple of working hours from the time of the order.
Convert Windows Server Evaluation Editions to Standard
If you, like me, have quickly built a new server or VM using the Evaluation download from Microsoft, you will find that when you get your license key and try to plug it in, it won’t work. You cannot simply use an otherwise valid key on an evaluation copy of Windows Server.
But fret not, the solution is quite simple. You merely need to run this command from an elevated command prompt:
DISM /online /Set-Edition:<edition ID> /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX /AcceptEula
The Edition ID will be ServerStandard, and then insert your product key. The server will run through the image conversion process, then restart twice.
After the server has restarted, you will need to re-activate the server and enter the Key in again.
It is important to note that if you’ve used an evaluation edition to build a domain controller, you cannot change the edition. You will need to either build a new domain controller, or demote the evaluation edition domain controller, set the version id, and then promote it again.
This key can activate ONE windows device, only ONE time. After activation process is done, you will NOT be able to use the same key again.
Formatting the hard drive will effectively erase the key. You can NOT transfer the licence to other computer.
Be the first to review “Windows Server 2016 Standard”
You must be logged in to post a review.